“Some of the best lessons I have learned were through great coaches. They were Life lessons – not just game strategies or tactics. Lionheart Fitness Kids provides these very same valuable moments and memories, and from some of the most Inspiring coaches I have ever met.”
Lionheart Primary Coach Certification
Lionheart Coach Certification provides all the necessary tools you need in order to start coaching Lionheart Fitness Kids classes. Our online and onsite training and certification programs will allow you and your facility to gain the knowledge needed to help children grow up to be self-confident and empowered. Our award-winning curriculum has been developed by experts in the field of nutrition, child development, and physical education. Our philosophy of “learn through playing” is at the heart of all LHFK sports programs. This mission allows us to formulate the tools that motivate, move, and inspire kids to achieve individual success.
Because children come from varied backgrounds and fitness levels, we therefore instill in our LHFK Coaches comprehensive teaching methods that ensure they can work with children aged two through twelve while recognizing their individual capabilities, competencies, and strengths. The LHFK Coach Certification program serves as a prerequisite for any individual or facility that would like to offer Lionheart Fitness Kids Programs to their local park, school, company, or health club facility.
The Lionheart Certification guarantees your clients that you or your organization provide excellence in child development through the core components of physical education.
Pay for your Certification and set up a basic account.
Pass criminal background check (*Included in your certification fee) then take the LFK certified online primary training course and exam.
Immediately schedule your live LFK onsite training workshop near you.
Once you have scheduled your onsite training you can now start studying the LFK certified online course and take the exam. Note: It is not mandatory that you pass your written exam before attending the onsite training but please be aware you will be evaluated on your knowledge of all drills. It is mandatory however that you watch at least the “Essential Training Tools” video and “Warm-up” video prior to coming to an onsite training.
IMPORTANT: After you have successfully completed your onsite training you will receive a LFK approval or denial letter within 7-10 days. IF you have passed the ONSITE course but have not passed your ONLINE EXAM you have 45 days to so. If you fail to pass your online exam within 45 days you will be required to repeat the entire certification process.
Once you have passed both your onsite and online training you will receive a final approval email with your coach certificate and next step instructions.
You are now an LFK certified coach! Start building your business! You will now have access to our amazing “PrideLink” platform to walk you through the step by step process of building your business! We will be with you every step of the way!
*If applicant fails the background check they will be issued a full of the certification fee paid, minus the cost of the background check and a $15 administration fee.
*Once the background check has been passed participant
What is the full process to become a LFK certified coach?
- STEP 1: GET STARTED: on this page, create a username and then enter your first name and last name, click continue
- STEP 2: ACCEPT TO CONTINUE: on this page, select ACCEPT THIS MEMBERSHIP AND CONTINUE
- STEP 3: REGISTRATION INFORMATION: fill out all required fields within the registration page (required fields are notated by a star)
- At the bottom of PERSONAL INFORMATION, you will find the “UPLOAD FILE” tab. This photo will appear on your coach certification certificate, once approved. You will need to add another photo once your profile is set up – this second photo will be your online profile picture
- After you complete the registration click SUBMIT at the bottom of the page
- STEP 4: REGISTRATION FEE: fill out BILLING INFORMATION
- Below billing information, provide payment information (Certification fee) and click “SUBMIT SECURELY”
- STEP 5: CHECK YOUR EMAIL: You will receive an invitation email from our background screening partner, Verified Volunteers, with a personal link to begin your background check. This email will contain the subject line "Invitation from Lionheart Fitness Kids". If you do not receive this email, please check your spam or junk folder
- To identify you, Verified Volunteers will ask for pieces of information you used to register with LFK. You will then be instructed on the steps to complete your background check. Verified Volunteers will notify you once your check is submitted and then again once it is available for your own viewing. At this time, LFK will also receive the results of your screening. IMPORTANT: If you live in a county that charges extra fees to process background checks, you will be charged separately for those fees by Verified Volunteers in order to process your background check. A list of counties that charge additional fees can be found by clicking HERE
- LFK will review and compare the results of your check against our certification qualifying criteria to determine your eligibility. If you do not meet licensing eligibility standards you will be notified at the contact information you provided. Please allow up to 10 business days for clearance processing. To view qualifying criteria click HERE.
- STEP 6: SCHEDULE YOUR ONSITE TRAINING:Once you have background received clearance immediately schedule your onsite practical training.
- STEP 7: COMPLETE YOUR COURSE WORK:You can now return to your personal profile and click the MY COURSES link at the top of the page for access to your LFK online courses. Sign into the course system using your LFK username and password, and follow the steps to complete the required educational courses.
- You must complete the course work and pass the online exam with a score of at least 80% or greater to receive your certification- Each course is approximately 90 minutes in length and LFK will automatically receive notice once your courses are complete. If you do not finish your courses all at once, you may return to the system at a later time and begin at the point that you left off. NOTE: It is not mandatory to complete your online exam before attending an onsite training.
Upon successfully passing a background check and completing your courses, (Online and Onsite) you will receive all of the associated benefits through your online profile. You will also receive your downloadable LFK Coach Certification and welcome letter to the email address you provided.
The Lionheart Coach Certification is valid as long as the coach’s monthly licensing fees are current. (refer to your LFK license agreement for all terms and conditons.)
As part of your coach certification process, LFK will take you through two online training courses that focus on the appropriate development of preschool age athletes. The first course is titled LFK Coach Training Course and is approximately 90 minutes in length. We have provided a description of each course below:
LFK Coach Training Course
This course provides both experienced coaches as well as those new to teaching with games, skills and techniques to effectively teach children 2.5-5years. Training materials include instruction videos as well as a master training manual. The course is foundational and tailored for anyone interested in working with the highly specialized preschool age group. It provides education for coaches to:
- Competently lead a LFK sports classes.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures and guidelines
- Better understand early childhood development.
- Develop mentoring skills
- Improve organization
- Understand the needs of those that you coach
- Effectively build and promote a successful coaching business
The course is focused on helping coaches teach sports positively and in a non-competitive environment. To impart playing the right way and with enjoyment, all while making the well-being of young athletes a top priority.
Lionheart Fitness Kids requires background screening for all potential coaches and administrators. Background screening is one step to help ensure a positive and safe environment. The cost of the background screening is included in your registration fee, unless your county of residence requires an additional fee to process the background check. Any additional fee will be charged to you directly by our provider, Verified Volunteers. A listing of counties that charge additional fees can be found by clicking HERE.
Who provides the background screening?
The background screening is provided through Verified Volunteers, one of the leading background check agencies in the country. Verified Volunteers follows the best practices in data security. All your personal information is kept private and safe.
Verified Volunteers allows you to share your background screening with multiple participating organizations, of your choice, as well as check your current status.
How long does it take?
The background screening can take up to 7-10 business days to process. If the background screening is submitted on the weekend or during the holidays, the processing time will be delayed.
What are the background check factors that would result in an applicant being ineligible to receive a LFK Coach Certification?
LFK will review and compare the results of your background check against our license qualifying criteria to determine your eligibility. If you do not meet licensing eligibility standards you will be notified through the contact information you provided. LFK will receive monthly updates, which will ensure all coaches and administrators are in good standing throughout the duration of their license. At any point the coach or administrator is found to be ineligible, their license becomes invalid. The following is a list of automatic and potential disqualifying items:
An individual will be ineligible for LFK Certification if a background search reveals that such individual has been convicted of, received a deferred sentence or adjudication for, or pled guilty or no contest at any time, or faces a pending charge, for any of the following:
(a) Any felony involving:
(i) Murder or homicide
(ii) Violent sex crimes, including rape and sexual assault
(iii) Non-violent sex crimes, including lewd conduct, indecent exposure, public indecency, prostitution, and offender registration violations
(iv) Child endangerment, neglect or abuse
(v) Violent crimes involving weapons (e.g., armed robbery v. unlawful possession)
(vi) Animal abuse
(vii) Drug use or possession within the previous five years*
(viii) Other drug related crimes including distribution, intent to distribute, manufacturing, trafficking, or sale within the previous seven years*
(b) Any misdemeanor involving:
(i) Violent sex crimes, including rape and sexual assault
(ii) Non-violent sex crimes, including lewd conduct, indecent exposure, public indecency, prostitution, and offender registration violations
(iii) Child endangerment, neglect or abuse
(iv) Drug use or possession within the previous three years
(v) Other drug related crimes including distribution, intent to distribute, manufacturing, trafficking, or sale within the previous seven years*
*NOTE: Period of ineligibility calculated based on offense disposition date
An individual’s eligibility for LFK certification will be subject to review if a background search reveals that such individual has been convicted of, received a deferred sentence or adjudication for, or pled guilty or no contest at any time, or faces a pending charge, for any of the involving:
(a) Any felony involving:
(i) Violence against a person not included in automatic disqualifiers above
(ii) Any other felony within the previous five years*
(b) Any misdemeanor involving:
(i) Violence against a person within the previous five years*
(ii) Animal abuse
*NOTE: Period of ineligibility calculated based on offense disposition date
As an important part of the LKF certification process the onsite training workshop is designed to prepare trainees to be able to competently lead LFK sports classes. In additional to practical training of LFK drills the workshop also:
- Provides tools to effectively build and promote a successful coaching business.
- Provide safety procedures and guidelines
- Give trainees a better understanding of child development.
A downloadable LFK Coach Certificate is issued to each registered coach who successfully completes all the requirements laid out in the process. The certificate includes the LFK certified logo, membership terms, and your unique Coach ID Certification number.
Note: It is important to memorize your personal certification # or carry it with you. Parents will be encouraged to verify their coach through the LKF website.
All Lionheart Fitness Kids coaches are required to carry their own general liability insurance coverage. A specialized insurance policy has been created for LFK thru Philadelphia Insurance Services, coaches must secure coverage before teaching classes. This coverage insures the coach while performing normal coaching functions. To become effective, the coverage requires the following:
- All kids under the coach’s guidance must sign a liability waiver or register through the Coach’s Lionheart profile page and agree to the terms and conditions therein.
This coverage does not extend to transportation of athletes. Coaches who transport athletes should obtain coverage separately.